Randy played for the New York Mets, San Diego Padres, Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs over parts of eight (8) Professional Seasons. Randy won a Championship with the Buffalo Bisons, the AAA Affiliate of the Cleveland Indians.
Randy Has been a Director of the ABD Baseball Program since its' inception. Entering his 28th season, Randy has coached at every level within the program (8U - 18U). Randy was the Head Coach For the USA Pan-American 12U Team in 2001 and 2002.
R A N D Y C U R T I S B I O
Playing Career and Achievements
- 1983 - Pony World Series Champion (Fountain Valley All-Stars)
- 1987 - 1989 Norco HS Varsity Baseball & Football Player.
- 1999 - Inducted Into The Norco High School Hall of Fame.
- 1990 -1991 Riverside Community College. All-Southern California and All-Orange Empire Conference
- 1990 - Drafted in the 7th Round, Detroit Tigers.
- 1991 - Signed Letter of Intent with Arizona State University.
- 1991 - Drafted in the 8th Round, New York Mets.
- 1991 - New York Mets Minor League Player of The Year.
- 1992 - Jersey Number Retired at Riverside City College.
- 1993 - New York Mets Minor League Player of the Year, Florida State League MVP, All-Star,Tops Minor League Player of The Year.
- 1993 - December was Added To The New York Mets 40-man Major League Roster
- 1993 - December Traded To The San Diego Padres
- 1994 -1996 - San Diego Padres
- 1994 - Rehab Assignment, Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (1994 California League Champions)
- 1995 - Out With Fractured Leg.
- 1996 - Team Member of The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes.
- 1997 - Signed With The Cleveland Indians.
- 1997 - AAA Champion with the Buffalo Bisons, AAA affiliate of The Cleveland Indians.
- 1998 - Signed with the Chicago Cubs
- 1998 - Signed with the Mission Viejo Vigilantes
Career Playing Stats
- .285 Career Batting Average
- .399 Career On Base Percentage
- 154 Career Stolen Bases
Randy met his wife Kristi thru ABD. They have been married for 20 years and have two daughters Kaylee (16) and Kaya (12)
Golf & Baseball
Randy achieved perfect attendance Kindergarten Through His Senior Year in HS (13 years) and Received an Award from the President of The United States for this rare accomplishment.